But these are crusaders, here, and they do (le sigh) persist.
And actually, that's what prompted the observation: their commitment to doing whatever it takes, to achieve their social engineering goals, no matter what the inconvenient little people may actually want.
Think about this for a moment:
- They're going to get what they want (in this case, gun control), and that's all there is to it. They are smart and you are stupid, and they're more than willing to bet your life on the outcome, so they absolutely will not stop coming, will not be turned away, for any reason: they will get what they want--what they want, they take, and they deserve to take, because they're smart and they just want it to be this way so bad. Nootch.
- We already know from long history that the Force!Defenselessness!Now! crowd is willing to resort to procedural shenanigans, deception, outright fabrication and lying, and agitprop to dominate their moral and intellectual lessers. (Actually, that's an interesting question: has any gun control ever passed without procedural chicanery to end-run around the inconvenient lack of popular support?)
- They habitually (and loudly) claim the moral high ground, not because they actually hold it, but because in a victimization society that is a known safe haven for concealing one's own moral turpitude.
- They habitually slut-shame the targets of their domination attempts to make and keep them subservient, or at least ineffectual. (What else would you call repeatedly suggesting that any sort of dissent from the Hive's currently-proffered snake oil product, is prima facie evidence that nutjob redneck ammosexual overcompensators would obviously cook and eat their own children rather than give up what is obviously nothing more than a prurient hobby?)
- They habitually enlist both institutional and freelance wingmen to enable their depredations and schemes. (Outcome-predetermined "research" from transparently ideological think tanks, Establishment media for both unlimited free marketing and hitpieces on demand, talking heads and policy wonks, "under the radar" propaganda manufactury, and ambulance-chasing litigation and soapboxery, just for starters)
- And now we can see that they will openly exploit traumatized schoolkids to make their hard-sell for them, where they have failed themselves to snow over enough people enough of the time, in a manner for which you or I would be utterly and rightly destroyed for "abuse of power by a person in a position of authority". The kids may drink various amounts of the
Kool-AidFlavor-Aid on their own, or they may believe they can go along to get along, or they may not understand their position as pawns in the opportunists' game, but what they do not really have in the matter is a real choice: they will serve the purpose assigned to them and that is that.
- Finally, the Hive Mind crusaders threaten any who stand in their way. They do it in advance, to ensure compliance; they do it in arrears, to keep inconvenient accounts and reports under control. They do it openly, and behind the scenes. But above all they do it constantly, so that everyone is clear that what the Hive wants, the Hive will have, and dissent is simply not tolerated.
So...hm...domination under the cruel illusion of choice, cynical and deliberate abuse of power, political strongarmery and wingmen, conveniently cloaked in whatever facile sanctimony is currently popular with the all-hat-no-cattle set?
See, it's not like old Harvey is somehow back.
No. With these people, he never actually left in the first place.
* It should go without saying that calling out TDS for what it is, in no way constitutes any sort of support for that pathetic impostor of a human being.
If they keep pushing they may just get their wish: gun owners who are willing to be as violent as it takes to stop the threat. And they are the threat. I'm about done with them. I've had enough.
Oh my... I quit checking this blog for a little while and you post something!! :) Welcome back!!
Over time I've read so many different views on how this thing will shake out. I suspect that the "guns" part will be the catalyst, but there are so many other issues involved and we can never know how any of it will come out in the wash. As long as most people continue to believe in the "authority" of government, and trust its "protection," their situation can only get worse. When that belief is finally exposed for the lie it is... who knows... but all hell could break loose. I do not see any peaceful solution for this.
Post a Comment