- Holy freakin' cow. It's here. (Browning's 1911-22 in modern trim.)
- I actually found five boxes of 16 gauge buckshot on the shelf today. Which means that I bought five boxes of 16 gauge buckshot today.
- .22 availability is still stupid. Stoopid. (Are regular people even buying .22s any more, with no way to feed them?)
- Availability of other ammo and components actually seems to be improving. It's ridiculously expensive, sure, but it's there.
- Got a chance to meet an XD-S 4", in person. This one had a distinctly sweeter trigger than the one I met the other day (another data point), and more importantly I got to look at the extension magazine. In short: I was impressed. I'll keep looking every time I see one, but the "new Commander" appellation seems to be very appropriate for the Springfield.
More later, of course. Deadlining in other areas, and playing Mr. Mom for a week, I do have to put off the fun of writing this all up properly. (Maybe it'll be after neighbor C. and I get some range time together. Another find today was a stash of Buffalo Bore ammo for his 460 Rowland 1911...I can be an enabler sometimes... :-)