Friday, March 4, 2011

'Project Gunwalker': meet whistleblower John Dodson

John Dodson takes today's Brass Nads Award, for his whistleblowing against the ATF.  As he said to CBS News' Sharyl Attkisson:
"I'm boots on the ground in Phoenix, telling you we've been doing it every day since I've been here," he said. "Here I am. Tell me I didn't do the things that I did. Tell me you didn't order me to do the things I did. Tell me it didn't happen. Now you have a name on it. You have a face to put with it. Here I am. Someone now, tell me it didn't happen."
Please, watch the videos.  Wow!

This is not trivial, folks.  ATF powers that be are not nice fellas, and never have been.  I may often point out that we'll not likely fix the problem that ATF represents by appealing to the same gang that created the problem in the first place (and I stand by that), but that does not diminish Dodson's courage in sticking his neck out for all to see, and calling foul. 

I'm still mostly amazed that this was aired on CBS News.  For a lot of years now I figured I'd never have occasion to say this, but say it I must:  props to CBS, and to investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson, for throwin' a big ol' egg on the faces of the "federal gun cops".  Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.

And it really can't be said enough:  this story would not have seen the light of day were it not for the tireless efforts of David Codrea and Mike Vanderboegh.  Gentlemen:  thank you for your flashlight work.

I guess we'll see what happens next.  Although it just got a lot harder, this whole thing could still just go away...

...er, "be disappeared".  I forget the modern parlance.

Hey, don't laugh. The people in question are absolutely capable of it.  Mark that well.

No comments: